Thursday, May 20, 2010

That's a coma I just poured into my hand...

Hooray for another day of survival on the island! I've got some stuff to catch you up on. I forgot to mention my hilarious experience with a snowdrift. While going to the beach, in which I did get to touch the Bering Sea water, I got an unexpected surprise. Before I knew it... whoosh! I was 4 feet down in a snowdrift. Let's just say, it was video worthy, cuz not only was it hilarious to watch, it was hilarious to hear. It was pretty awesome, and definitely made my night.

So the next day (which was yesterday), was just another day at the school. My sister had her eye appt. from some guys that flew in from Anchorage. We walked home shortly after. Only to find out that a door was locked that we didn't have a key to. Which is completely stupid, why put up a door with a lock on it if you don't have a key?! We had the idea of using an ax to break down the door once and for all, until I realized that the windows are never locked and one doesn't even have a screen in place. (Truthfully, I had that plan in my head all week, especially since my sis doesn't have keys to this apartment, and we really needed to get in at some point). So we go over to the window, and the drift + my height = perfect height to get to the window. I was able to budge up the window with my hands just enough for it to open, but not enough to open it all the way. So Mary Ellen, my sister's roomate, walked up and handed me a Walrus rib to pry open the window... she didn't even think twice about handing it to me... I however was like... ok.... So I was able to pry open the window and climbed right on through, I gained a new nickname to show for it, I am now a gazelle. :)

The next day while we were off to school, I was fortunate enough to get a ride on a Honda. That lasted aobut 2 minutes, til I kind of slid off... my sister said I fell. I just however lost my grasp on the bar because I was holding an iron in a box and just kinda slid right off (landing on my feet of course). After I wasn't holding the iron anymore I was perfectly fine. Ashley's (my sisters friend) headphones had a different fate. We aren't quite sure how, but they ended up completely destroyed with wires hanging out and ear pieces missing. It's definitely a mystery. Today was field day at my sisters school, I was able to help "run" the games (meaning I just set up the courses). It went really well, and I think the kindergardeners are absolutely adorable! We were lucky enough to get a Honda ride back with one of the students from the school, which made it a quick trip back to the apartment. We had breakfast for dinner... and that's basically it.

No comments:

Post a Comment