Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I jokes :)

Yet another day here on the island. I guess it's time to update. It was another clear day yesterday, clear enough that Russia was very visible, even a lot of the teachers that have been here all year said it was probably the most clear they have ever seen! Looks like i've been completely lucky this past week to be able to see Russia and see a complete Arctic white-out. I didn't really do much yesterday. My sister's class was mostly watching movies and were painting. There topic was pointillism, well, that was more than they could apparently handle. Before we knew it, some kids had black "gloves" on... The lunch here was especially disgusting. It definitely lived up to the old crappy elementary school lunch expectation. It was some sort of fish stick/nugget thing of sorts... that paired with the powdered mild (which by the way, is absolutely DISGUSTING!) just about did it for me. When I got back to my sisters apartment, it was spaghetti and rice for me. It pretty much made my day.

Of course, that was after we were almost ran over by the Hondas (their 4 wheelers). I must say, no matter where you are living, whether it be on an island or in huge cities, they have crappy and rude drivers everywhere. They just expect you to get out of the way while they are driving. HELLO!!! you are on a 4 wheeler, you can drive ANYWHERE! why must we move out of the way when we are the ones who are walking... just plain rude.

A new game I've been addicted to now, is Monopoly... yes, Monopoly. I am still not sure why I am getting so addicted to these old school games. Maybe because they seem much cooler on my iPhone... again, I really don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment