Friday, May 21, 2010

The Birds are Singing

It's a warm and sunny day here on the island. And when I say warm, I mean that a light jacket is just perfect. I can not believe how quickly the weather changed here! Yesterday I was completely freezing with my fluffy jacket on... and now I really don't need anything. It's so warm, the birds are singing outside!

School is now out for summer here, and more kids seemed to show up after school was out, than when school was in session. The just walked right on through the windows... craziness. I spent 4 hours playing monopoly on my iPhone today. It was INTENSE! I am still completely amazed that I played it for that long. I went from having everything I owned (which was over half the board) mortgaged and only$1500 in my account (whilst my opponent, the computer, had at least $14K) to winning the whole darn thing! I came from behind and in the end, I won with over $40K in my bank account. Now that was some dedication.

I had to break into my sister's apartment again. Not because we locked ourselves out, we just didn't have the key. I was only with one of my sister's friends on the island and we didn't want to wait 20 minutes for anyone to show up. So we went through the window, and no, this time I did not need a Walrus rib to pry open the window. The only downfall was Ashley not getting proper footing before I used her leg as a brace to get through the window, and she went falling into the snowdrift. Another good moment we should have had a video of. Anyways, only 2 more full days left on the island, then I'm off to Anchorage. I am sooo excited for that. Camping, hiking, biking, kayaking, shopping!!! What's not to like?!

No comments:

Post a Comment